Nine titles from Zondervan are finalists for the 2008 Outreach Resource of the Year Awards, a reader-chosen survey of the best products that change the way churches and individuals build relationships with the unchurched.
Zondervan titles are up for more Outreach Awards than resources from any other Christian publisher. The Zondervan finalists and their categories include:
• Inspired By… The Bible Experience complete dramatized audio Bible (Personal Evangelism)
• Peppermint Filled Pinatas by Eric Michael Bryant (Personal Evangelism)
• Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels (Justice Evangelism)
• Be the Change by Zach Hunter (Youth)
• Getting Students to Show Up by Jonathan McKee (Youth)
• Glocalization by Bob Roberts (Global Outreach)
• Un.Orthodox by Tommy Kyllonen (Target Outreach)
• They Like Jesus But Not the Church by Dan Kimball (Leadership Training)
• NOOMA – You #15 with Rob Bell (DVD/Movie)
"The Outreach awards are designed to recognize innovation and passion, something we strive to achieve in every title we publish," says Scott Bolinder, executive vice president and publisher, Zondervan. "We’re honored that nine of our resources are finalists and we’re thankful to have such talented and inspiring partners and authors."
The Outreach Resource of the Year Awards is currently in its fifth year. They are awarded to books, CD/DVDs, and curriculum that represent courage, innovation, and passion in the areas of evangelism, justice, and church growth. The awards will be announced in the May/June edition of Outreach magazine.