If you missed last week’s Beyond Boundaries Webcast with Dr. John Townsend, no worries — you can still watch the video. Below you’ll also find a downloadable Viewing Guide and notes on Townsend’s key takeaways.
Dig Deeper with the Viewing Guide
If you’re going to watch the video with your small group, this download may come in handy:
Download the Viewing Guide (Outline + Discussion Questions) (PDF)
Here I’ve woven together the Viewing Guide outline with my own notes. I hope it’s helpful!
Beyond Boundaries Webcast
Our Need for Boundaries & for Connectedness – 0:01
- Part of the human condition is that trust goes bad, but we’re designed by God to connect with others.
- Difference between non-negotiable “heart boundaries” and more flexible “protective boundaries”
- But we’re designed by God to connect with others, so how do we know where to set up healthy protective boundaries?
Question One: How do I know when I’m ready? – 6:12
- Have you learned a lesson? “Every difficult relationship has a lesson in it,” says Townsend. “Ask yourself, ‘Why did I let that go on so long?’”
- Have you been through some growth and healing? Have I talked about it with others? Is my judgment any better?
- Christie, a “fixer,” shares her story. – 9:07
- Question from audience: How do you know when the learning is through? – 13:22